Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Spring in My Step

Words could not express what an amazing mood I've been in!  This is despite the few nights this week of interrupted sleep by my 19 month old.  Is it the new way of life or was it the Indian Summer we experienced this week?  Not sure but I'll take it.  There is nothing better than feeling energized.... ok being energized and thinner is pretty darn awesome too!

Now I wish I could give you some numbers but I feel it's a sin to keep a scale in the house and I won't be weighing myself till tomorrow at the gym.  I didn't make it in this week b/c well... I GOT OUT!  The weather was so amazing in the CLE that I almost forgot how amazing just a walk can make you feel.  And you know what's even more awesome besides the walking buddies I had?  Feeling the oxygen really circulate through my body.  One of the best ways to get the most out of any workout is to have oxygen really moving through your muscles!  Working out seems to be so much easier when you feel good.  I used to say... I love going to the gym but getting there was like pulling teeth!  Now I have so much energy I want to go go go... provided my child didn't keep me up all night but even then... I don't require as much to bounce back!
Look my face is thinner!

Disclaimer: As I stated before... you do need sleep.  It does contribute to those extra pounds.  I do get tired BUT I'm not tired ALL the time like I was before.  That's the difference!

So I'm hoping for at least one day a week of warm sunshine but that stupid groundhog decided to see his shadow.  Really?  I think it's a conspiracy!  Snow shoes anyone?  

But seriously, walking isn't just for the 'retired' at the mall... (I was going to say old but you're only as old as you feel.  Prior to my commitment to change I was 87)  It's a great way to get back into it or to change up your normal routine.  Plus in addition to what you're putting in your body, it will create that extra shot of energy that you need!  There is no excuse!  You can make time to do a 20 minute walk!  Who's with me?

PS... Photo taken today after my 12 hr school day+ one A&P2 Exam - where are my bags? I sent them packin!

No comments:

Post a Comment