Saturday, February 25, 2012

TRX, Wraps, Tea, and Websites OH MY!

So I have been slacking on my progress blog so this should be just a bit ALL OVER THE PLACE!

First up TRX!  I SO LOVE IT!!!  I realized how out of shape I was by the time the 60 minute class was done but I that's just encouragement!  Suspension training forces you to use proper form which then in turn forces you to engage your muscles properly.  After losing most of my upper body strength following Vaughn's big debut, form has been a big challenge for me. (Don't get me wrong... I have amazing arms from holding the 32 lbs lil man but I seem to have misplaced my abs)  Now I know all this super cool working out is going to probably cause my weight loss to slow dramatically.  It's hard to remind yourself that muscle weighs more than fat so that's why I incorporate the NO SCALES allowed in the house rule.  I only weigh myself when I go to the gym and I base my true progress on the fact that my size fours are becoming loose!  So does it really matter what I weigh as long as my size is where I want to be.  I've never met someone that was able to accurately able to guess my weight anyway!!! Plus the human head weighs 8 lbs.  Isn't that an automatic deduction?

On to getting wrapped... why not try everything right.  

It was an interesting experience.  I had my midsection (every woman's problem area) done.  I wore it for a little more than five hours.  This was five hours of crazy water drinking while being wrapped in saran wrap while having to tinkle every 30 minutes.  Ok... Let's be honest... that was kind of annoying.  Not so much the actual wrap because I had amazing posture AND it was like having a corset on the entire day but the constant trips to the bathroom were just a bit excessive.  According to my measurements ... I lost almost 2 inches BUT because the genius that I am forgot to write those down... I have no clue if those 2 inches are still gone one week later.  So what I can say is it does 'tighten and tone'.  My skin was so tight that I actually became extra ticklish but that has since went away but my skin does still seem to be quite soft.  The verdict is still out but I might try it again.

Tea... So from my earlier blogs I'm sure reading about my adventures with tea can be an all time favorite but let me tell you... I have a TOP notch detox tea!  I do affectionately call it poop tea.  Let's be honest... that's what it is.  It messes with your poop!  Now here is what I need to say about it: BEWARE OF THE STEEP TIME!  I might or might not have let my tea steep for an hour.  The next day I lost 5 pounds of crap... LITERALLY!  Now that's not the 'norm' but that's where my warning is to be considered.  I have to say though... I secretly liked it.  I might have lost 2 inches with the wrap but I lost 2 dress sizes and hit my goal weight with my tea! Too much?  Oh well... if you haven't noticed the title of my Blog is 'Let's Be Honest...'

And now onto the website... MY WEBSITE!!!  I figure part of the transformation is not just body... it's mind, body and soul!  It's become for me a true indication of the path I want to take... emotionally, physically, & professionally.  This will start with my website (as well as a FB page, Blog, Twitter - Social Media is big right now).  My mission will be to truly become a Health Coach providing information, links, recipes, etc.  I have never been so energized for something.  Maybe it's the Zija or was it Zija that started it!  I just want to do my part in making the world a little healthier.  And once I'm a millionaire... I will also do my part in dog rescue but before one must come the other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment