Saturday, January 28, 2012

Frustration!

The hardest part about starting any new 'routine' is the expectations that follow.  After almost two weeks now of changing the way I treat my body, I find that at times I'm a little frustrated.  Is it so unrealistic to want to look amazing in two weeks?  Shouldn't I have already lost 20lbs.? I think this is where many of us choose to give up.  They expect to see results immediately.  Be back in those skinny jeans that they slowly grew out of over the last two years.  Well... I've got news for you!  It took two years to put on the weight... it's not going to take two weeks to take it off!

Now here is where the frustration melts away.  I may not be where I want to be physically on the outside yet BUT inside I feel amazing!  And I may not have lost 20lbs yet BUT I do not feel this extra weight that I had been carrying around.  And no... I didn't suddenly give birth again but my insides have begun the process of repair.  

In the beginning of this journey I chose to incorporate supplements to help my body gain a nutritional edge.  I too was skeptical of how these items would change my body (better or worse).  But after two weeks and purposely missing 2 days of supplements.  I can see the difference.  The days I chose to not take anything I felt my sluggish self start to reappear.  Now I don't recommend doing this but I really wanted to feel what the difference was in a day of getting complete nutrition and not. I find all of this amazing especially since just taking a multi vitamin in the past would actually give me migraines. 

And not to say I'm not noticing small changes on the outside but it's the internal ones that are the key right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment