Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today was a REAL test!

Well... Thursdays just suck!  It's my own fault really but they do.  I am in class from 9am - 9pm!  Of course it's only one day a week and I shouldn't complain but it makes for a VERY VERY VERY long day!  And to be honest, I should know better than to load a schedule this way because it never fails that I would get a migraine at some point only to get home exhausted and completely useless. 

BUT today was different.  I think it helped that I actually got a good night's sleep the night before.  This is a bit of a challenge right now since Vaughn has been sick and the mother in me causes me to wake randomly to check on him.  But none the less, I started off completely rested ... not rushed.  It was a nice change from my 'previous life'.  

Have my new habits created such a physical change that even a mentally exhausting day didn't have the same outcomes?  I was focused and very productive the entire day!  No crashing!  No MIGRAINES! And yes... by day end, I was tired but I'm not Wonder Woman! 

Even better... I AM WALKING THE WALK!  Everything is fine in moderation but since making this commitment, I haven't craved the CRAP food that I would every time I tried to diet.  Is this different because this isn't a 'diet' but a 'lifestyle'? It's amazing what the combination of commitment, knowledge, and resources can do get you on the right track!

Remember... 'it takes 21 days to form a habit (good or bad)'... I'm on day 4!  Tomorrow I start reincorporating an exercise routine.  Imagine the possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment