Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Actually Roller Coaster Eating...

Well... March was a beyond challenging month for me.  It started off with the admitting of my grandmother to the hospital, transitioned to a painful car accident, and then ended with my grandmother passing away.  And I know HATE is a very strong word but I'm pretty sure that I would like to say... I HATE MARCH!

But through it all I did have a take away.  I've learned I'm not only an emotional eater but an emotional non-eater.  I believe this might be properly labeled as a 'roller coaster eater'.  I would go for days where I would eat only one meal to days like today where I could not help but eat 2 pieces of cherry pie (note to self: throw out desserts that guests leave behind before they taunt the crap out of you).

I've always said that I'm not perfect.  I have my weaknesses.  I fall off the wagon too but I never actually realized how all over the place I could possibly be.  For those who read this blog for 'the random facts' that I insert... not eating can sometimes be just as harmful to your body transformation as say... TWO pieces of cherry pie.  You are in fact confusing your metabolism.  First you shock it to the point where it becomes obsolete and then while you're not burning your normal amount of calories... you over eat.  CAN WE SAY WEIGHT GAIN?  Ugghhh!  And for a lot of us... nerves literally play a big part in this.  What is happening upstairs will affect your appetite and the way you process what you eat.  We're talking stomach aches, diarrhea, etc. even triggering you to not want to eat at all.  

So what's the best way to get back on track?  EAT BREAKFAST!  I've conveniently eliminated the most important meal of the day.  Which then leads to my non-existent metabolism.  Which then leads to a late day migraine (which is also partially because of my lack of Zija and neck injury).  So as much as we all love those extra few minutes in bed... take the time to eat a good breakfast.  You'll feel much better the rest of the day (b/c that extra 5 minutes of shut eye did nothing for you - including your bags).

No comments:

Post a Comment